Evening of Dreams 2022 Recap – Together we’re brilliant
November 9, 2022
On Friday November 4, 2022, we gathered for the first time in three years to celebrate Adeara’s 10th annual Evening of Dreams Gala. Together, we learned how each of us have an instrumental role in ensuring that more women have access to recovery.
This year’s theme, “Together we’re brilliant,” communicates the strength we have as a community when we walk alongside women and children in their recovery. Addiction thrives in chaos, and the opposite of chaos is connection. Together, we can build strong communities for these women as they live out their recovery.
Some highlights from the night:
- Matt and Amanda Kassian, our emcees for the night, made for an entertaining evening with their witty personalities and connections with the crowd. As long-time supporters and Amanda having volunteered at the centre, Matt and Amanda’s heart for Adeara was evident.
- Mark Evans, outgoing Chairman of the Board, opened our evening with highlights from the past 15 years of his service on the board. As his last act as chairman, Mark gifted Jesse Jervis, who is succeeding him, a compass originally gifted to Mark by Adeara’s founders when he started on the board 15 years ago. Mark’s impact over the years is reflected in the lives of the many women and children who’ve found hope and healing through Adeara’s programming. We thank Mark for his leadership and wish him the best in future endeavours.
- Lesley Smith, Casework Supervisor at Children’s Services, shared about the impact of restoring families and how Adeara is meeting a huge need by providing mothers and their children a safe place to heal.
- Lerena Greig, Executive Director of PEP Society and an Adeara alumnus, shared her own recovery journey and the transformation that has led her to empower other families and individuals to step into recovery. Lerena has worked in the non- profit sector for over 15 years, specifically in the area of addiction recovery, and advocates for change in the area of mental health and addiction. She is a testament to the lives and communities that change because of the work of Adeara.
- We presented a beautiful video celebrating testimonies from four of our residents. Their stories of transformation blessed and inspired each listener and caused more than a few guests to shed a tear.
- For the first time, we auctioned off 10 Arrangements of Hope—floral bouquets made by the residents of Adeara in a professional workshop led by Swish & Co. Much like the raw, unfinished flowers at the beginning of the workshop, women often come to Adeara in pieces. Day by day, they begin to form something new and beautiful.
Thank You for your Support
This year, we raised our goal of $200,000! Thank you for your generosity!
We want to extend a massive THANK YOU to…
- The 18 individuals who became Heroes of Hope by committing to give to Adeara monthly. These individuals will have their monthly gifts matched for the entire first year by anonymous donors—a huge blessing to Adeara!
- Everyone who participated and made our 10th Evening of Dreams an evening to remember! The awareness and support raised will help women and children for years to come.
- Juli and the Evening of Dreams Committee, volunteers, and Seen Ministry team for putting hours of work into the vision, design, planning and execution of this event.
- Our Restoration Sponsors, Collins Steel, Safeway Pharmacy, and Duggan Family Dental, who so generously made this event possible.
- Also, to our Board of Directors who see further than we do and continually remind us that together we’re brilliant.
It is not too late to give!
Join our Heroes of Hope and your monthly gift will be matched up to $25,000 for the next year. Whether it’s $35 or $3,500, your sustainable support creates sustainable change. Learn more at Heroes of Hope.