Evening of Dreams 2023 Recap – Celebrating 25 Years
October 24, 2023
On Friday, October 20, 2023, nearly 500 people came together to stand alongside the women who are courageously fighting to end the cycle of addiction in their families. Together, we celebrated the past 25 years as an organization, heard vulnerable stories of changed lives and transformed families and how addiction is treatable with the right support. We can help make that treatment available today. The need can feel daunting, but nights like these are clear evidence that there is hope!
Some highlights from the night:
- Pastors Jono & Nicole Zantingh, our emcees for the night, made for an entertaining evening with their witty personalities and enthusiasm for Adeara. As long-time supporters and Nicole being a granddaughter to one of Adeara’s founders, Jono and Nicole’s heart for Adeara was evident.
- Jocelan Yeomans, an Adeara Alumni, had the honour of thanking Adeara’s founding members and all those who played integral parts in the organization over the past 25 years on behalf of all past residents. Jocelan bravely shared how Adeara saved her life and restored her relationships with her children and her ex-husband, who was present at the gala. Today, celebrating five years of sobriety, Jocelan contributes to society and truly walks in sustainable recovery.
- Together, we reflected on the past 25 years and celebrated this significant milestone! Nudge Creative filmed and produced an excellent video that took viewers back to where Adeara all began: to fill a need for housing women in our city who were experiencing houselessness, abuse and addiction, and how the Edmonton Dream Centre transitioned to become Adeara Recovery Centre as we know it today. It was impactful to see all the people it has taken over the years to see this vision come to fruition and who have believed in the same mission of helping women and children experience freedom. Their stories blessed and inspired each listener and caused more than a few guests to shed a tear. This is truly just the beginning of Adeara’s story!
- Sherri, an Adeara Alumni, bravely shared her own recovery journey alongside the perspectives of her mother and children. She is a testament to the lives and communities that change because of the work of Adeara.
- The Minister of Mental Health and Addiction, Mr. Dan Williams, was in attendance and shared kind words and his belief in the work Adeara Recovery Centre is doing in our community.
- There were several ways to give throughout the gala! Such as our very first Balloon Pop Raffle where guests had a 1 in 100 chance to win a grand prize stay in Mexico! Our Live Auction consisted of six items such as vacations, a radio promotion package, oilers tickets and a McDavid Jersey. Our biggest Needs List yet displayed our centre’s immediate tangible needs. Throughout the night, guests visited the board and gave generously towards these items.
- Adeara’s first-ever Golf Tournament was announced and will take place Wednesday, June 12, 2024, at the Ranch Golf Course. If you are interested in participating in Adeara’s golf tournament or becoming a sponsor, you can learn more here!
This year, we raised $210,000! Thank you for your generosity!
We want to extend a massive THANK YOU to…
- All the individuals over the last 25 years who have made Adeara what it is today. From the founding members, to board members to staff to volunteers and supporters, thank you for your commitment to see women in addiction experience freedom!
- Everyone who attended, gave and made our 11th Evening of Dreams an evening to remember! The awareness and support raised will help women and children for years to come.
- Juli and the Evening of Dreams team, volunteers, and Seen Ministry team for putting hours of work into the vision, design, planning and execution of this event.
- Our Board of Directors who see further than we do and continually propel our mission to empower and equip women to live in sustainable recovery forward.
- To our sponsors who generously made this event possible:
- Our Gold Sponsor: Duggan Family Dental.
- Our Silver Sponsors: Capital Collins and Freson Bros.
- Our Bronze Sponsors: Al-Terra Engineering and PAR Foundation.
- Our Rose-Gold Sponsors: Amber Groome Reality, Myshak Group, and Tower Wealth.
- If you wish to be a sponsor for our 2024 gala please email Juli at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following vendors for their exceptional work:
It is not too late to give!
Become a Monthly Supporter and join our Heroes of Hope! Whether it’s $35 or $350, your sustainable support creates sustainable change. Learn more at Heroes of Hope.
Give a One-Time Gift and help stop the cycle of addiction not only for one woman but for her children and their future children. Give today!