Adeara Recovery Centre’s COVID-19 Response
March 19, 2020
As restrictions in our province start to lift, Adeara will continue to provide quality addiction recovery services for those currently enrolled in our program, as well as consider new applicants as space allows. (applicant must not have any symptoms and be able to clear the Covid-19 screening requirements).
For nearly 22 years, Adeara Recovery Centre has been committed to helping women and children in our community. We will continue to provide excellence in care and cleanliness and ensure our centre complies with the CMOH Orders, report any suspect, probable or confirmed cases and ensure we prevent the introduction and spread of the illness within our facility. Thanks to the implemented preventative measures, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at Adeara Recovery Centre; our team continues to implement social distancing tactics that best suit our programming format and we are prepared if an outbreak occurs. As an accredited and licensed recovery centre, it is our goal to assure our stakeholders and supporters that we will provide a healthy environment for clients and staff and resume full programming as soon as possible.
As we continue to work together to “flatten the curve” of the spread of the virus, we will continue to provide updates as they become available. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation to keep our community healthy.
Adeara Recovery Centre’s Current COVID-19 Interventions:
We will maintain our high level of infection prevention and control, but in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the following will be in place until further notice:
- Comply with government recommendations regarding travel and illness.
- Screen both staff and clients with the AHS COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Staff with symptoms are required report their symptoms and isolate at home for 10 days.
- All cases will be documented and reported as per the organization’s Infection Prevention and Control policies.
- On-site client visitations will be postponed (as much as possible) until further notice. Additional means of communication may be coordinated through the client’s counsellor.
- Off-site activities will be postponed until further notice.
- Conduct classes/counselling sessions using online/video resources as needed.
- Non-essential building access by volunteers, contractors, and service delivery workers will be restricted and alternate contact/access will be coordinated by staff.
- Adopt “non-contact greeting protocols” (no handshaking or hugging) guidelines for staff, clients, or authorized outside visitors.
- Continuous masking is in effect for staff or essential visitors
- Provide private accommodations to current clients and implement social distancing practices as effectively as possible.
- Increase availability of hand hygiene stations and the communication of its importance throughout the facility.
- Maintain communication with clients, staff, funding partners and the community on a regular basis.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented event.