Your Impact in 2022
January 12, 2023
With your help this year, we saw women find true freedom through recovery. Despite an increased demand for recovery services and a decreased capacity to serve, Adeara continues to adapt because of your support. For the past few years, due to Covid, we have not been able to house multiple women in the same suite, causing us to pivot and make more space for women with kids in their care.
We continued to invest in our child and family wellness programming for the kids and their mothers to participate in monthly activities, such as the corn maze and equine therapy. We watched our aftercare program grow and heard firsthand the impact it has on women who have left the program to continue walking in a sustainable recovery. We also introduced a retail readiness program through our thrift store – More Than a Fad – where the women receive work experience and develop employability skills.
Most excitingly, we’ve seen lives transformed. You helped:
- Cassie, a mother of four, find hope and healing for the first time at Adeara and, after one year in full-time programming, is transitioning into independent living.
- Samantha, a mother of four, reconnected with three of her children and decided to get baptized.
- Brittany, who became a mother this past year while at Adeara, feels better equipped to manage the disease of addiction in her life so that she can live a sustainable recovery.
That’s not all. In 2022, of the women we served:
- 1 resident achieved 18 months of recovery
- 2 residents achieved 12 months in recovery
- 5 residents achieved 9 months of recovery
- 4 residents achieved 3 months of recovery
We have seen that women who have experienced various layers of trauma, abuse and addiction can walk in recovery, but it comes with a cost. Time, perseverance, surrender, structure, and support are all significant pieces of the recovery process.
Thank you for your continued support and belief in the work of Adeara. Without your contributions and trust in our work, we could not offer the same level of care and support to every woman and child who walk through our doors.
As we start the new year, we are excited to have all the suites occupied and look forward to seeing even more lives changed and families reunited and restored.