Update: Adeara’s December COVID-19 Response
December 9, 2020
After 9 months of adjusting to COVID-19 and all the restrictions that have been placed, lifted and now placed again, we are thankful that our doors remain open with several families and women in the centre and our addiction recovery program remains in place.
We are grateful for the support of our community who have stepped in several times to provide PPE, cleaning supplies, special COVID-friendly events for our residents, and financial support. We are also grateful for the guidance and support of the Provincial Government as we have had to navigate this pandemic strategically to maintain the safety and health of the women and children we serve.
Adeara continues to prioritize the health and safety of our women and children by:
- Limiting our visitors to essential visitors only; screening each person who enters the building
- Staff and residents must be masked continuously, inside and outside the centre
- Continued increased cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces and high-touch areas
- Frequent hand washing
- Staggered staff shifts to protect the health of the staff/residents and preserve the consistent programming
- Staff who do not need to be physically at the centre now work from home
Like most, Adeara has been impacted but not overcome by COVID-19. We will not grow weary in doing the right things to contribute to overall health of our residents, our city and our province.
Although Christmas will be celebrated differently this year, the Reason for the Season stays the same. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for thinking of Adeara during this time.
Lori Patrick, Executive Director