This year’s Evening of Dreams Gala took place on October 12th, 2018 and was attended by 350 friends and family of Adeara. How wonderful it was to celebrate our 20th Anniversary together where we could share stories of changed lives and transformed families and testify of God’s faithfulness over the years.
Evening of Dreams Highlights
The heart of this year’s event was to capture our rich history and inspire new partnerships and ideas as we GROW FORWARD in reaching more women. Our goal was to tell the story of where we came from, where we are going, and honour the courageous women we walk with each day!
- Mark Evans, Chairman of the Board, opened our evening with highlights from the past 20 years. He graciously honoured our founders as well as key individuals who have faithfully served us over the years: Connie Spooner (long-standing Board member), Alma Clark (our first Executive Director), and Dawn Himer (our most recent CEO). Mark also painted a beautiful picture of a future Adeara that will impact hundreds of more women and children in the years to come. God’s dreams for Adeara are bigger and better than we can even think or imagine!
- We presented a beautiful 8-minute video celebrating testimonies from four of our residents. Their stories of transformation blessed and inspired each listener and caused more than a few guests to shed a tear.
- And for the first time, we showcased our “GROWING FORWARD” coffee table book. Filled with stunning photography and incredible stories of changed lives and transformed families, this beautiful addition to your home will inspire you for years to come. Call the Adeara office to get yours today!
This year’s event was designed to attract individuals from many walks of life, teaching us that we can join together and utilize our unique gifts, passions, and platforms to propel change. Talented artists like Martin Kerr, Josh Sahunta, and Arlene Musselman used their music and fine art to captivate the audience while remaining attuned to the nature of our cause.
Our emcee for the evening, Ed Childs, used his keen sense of humour to set the audience at ease all while communicating Adeara’s need for increased partnership and financial giving. We are so grateful to all of our special guests for sharing their talents and time with us!
The evening would not have been complete without our keynote speaker, Bethany Zelent, Education Coordinator at Adeara. Bethany has worked first-hand with our women and is passionate about creating opportunities for change through love and connection. In a few short moments, she helped unpack the challenges, stigmas, and mental health components of addiction. Thank you, Bethany.
Thank You for your Support
This year, we surpassed our original goal of raising $60,000 and were delighted to discover that, in fact, we raised over $85,000! Thank you!
We want to extend a massive THANK YOU to…
- Everyone who participated and made our 20th Anniversary an evening to remember!
- Our fabulous team, volunteers, and generous donors who make this event possible each year.
- Our event sponsors, Barcode Construction, Safeway Pharmacy, and Tish’s Fashions & Finery, who so generously gave of their time and resources to this incredible cause.
- Also, to our Board of Directors who see further than we do and continually encourage us to keep going and GROW FORWARD to the future!
You are the BEST!
This excerpt was taken from our e-Newsletter, The Archway – Fall 2018. Click here to read more.