Life Skills Support Worker – Overnight Awake Shift
May 13, 2022
The Life Skills Support Worker (Overnight) at Adeara is responsible for the overnight supervision of the residents under the direction of the Facility/Support Lead. The Life Skills Support Worker is expected to complete responsibilities in a manner that is appropriate and in agreement with the Mission, Vision, Value Statements and Philosophy of Adeara.
Two job openings: Sat/Sun overnights (11pm – 8am) and Mon/Tues overnights (11pm-8am)
Overnight premium added to hourly wage. Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for the job. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Oversee residents with guidelines from management
- Awareness of and implementation of resident program guidelines
- Adhere to and facilitate daily schedule for residents
- Complete administrative duties and procedures according to Adeara standards
- Exhibit courtesy and confidentiality
- This shift requires the worker to remain awake during the overnight period. Employee must be available and accessible to the residents during scheduled shift.
- Accurate documentation in a Client Management System
- Be familiar and able to uphold facility guidelines and resident behaviour standards
- Support residents with Life Skills; develop, document progress and outcomes
- Properly assist residents during their scheduled medication time, and accurately document actions in medication records.
- Promote good relations between residents and management, counsellors, facilitators, volunteers and other residents
- Be responsible to properly secure the building and monitor security cameras
- Attend and participate in bi-monthly staff meetings
- Complete all required training and certifications
- Assist the Support/Facility Lead in maintaining a safe, clean, well-organized, and fully functional environment for residents
- Diploma or degree in a human service field or an Addictions Certificate
- Or, two years related experience in addiction recovery work or actively enrolled in a related educational program
- Recovery/Addiction experience and/or training is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; able to work as team
- A recent completed (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search) and Child Intervention
Record check will be required.
- Energetic; adaptable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; Team player
- Teachable & Trustworthy
- Compassionate and firm (Skilled at dealing with crisis management)
- Aligns with Christian values
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Schedule: Night shift, Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: Covid-19 Protocols are in place for staff, residents, volunteers and visitors.