Bookkeeper – Part Time
June 14, 2022
As a member of the Adeara Accounting Team, the Bookkeeper is responsible for executing financial goals and objectives for the organization. The Accounting Team implements policies established by the Board of Directors, and Senior Management, as well as provides leadership, management and oversight of Adeara’s finances, accounts payable, payroll and benefits systems. Each staff member represents Adeara to regulatory bodies, other agencies, donors, funders and supporters. Accounting staff are expected to complete responsibilities in a manner that is appropriate, timely and in agreement with the Mission, Vision, Value Statements and Philosophy of Care of Adeara.
- Be responsible for the oversight of Adeara’s finances: Budget, and Accounts Payable for Adeara Recovery – Edmonton, Adeara Recovery – Sylvan and More Than A Fad Thrift Stores.
- Assist in developing strategies and systems for financial management in cooperation with the Operations Lead and Treasurer.
Promptly bring all opportunities, potential issues, and policies related to financial reporting and accounts payable to the Operations Lead.
- In coordination with the Treasurer, manage and ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting.
- Prepare a monthly report for the Board including a comparative balance sheet and income statement for the year to date, and an income statement for the month.
- Monitor the monthly cash flow to ensure that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved.
- Maintain full awareness of the complete financial, statistical and accounting records of Adeara.
- Communicate and work with accountants and prepare all necessary documents for annual return and financial statements.
- Take responsibility for tax compliance.
- Manage the expense approval and reimbursement records of Adeara.
- Prepare cheques for signature and manage online payments.
- Document the signing in and out of all petty cash monies.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts.
- Manage transactions and “loans” between divisions.
- Minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience
- Non-profit experience would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Required to gain skills in Donor Management Software (Kindful) and Payroll Software (ADP)
- Candidate will require a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, as well as obtain a Child Intervention
- Record Check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management and organizational skills, as well as being a team player
- working collaboratively with all members of the organization to accomplish goals.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (preferred)