September 14, 2022
Adeara Recovery Centre for women is looking for an Addictions Counsellor (28 hours/week). Adeara is a long-term, residential treatment and recovery centre for women and their children. Adeara provides women with the opportunity to break the cycles of addiction, poverty, and trauma and transform their lives. Adeara is a Christian, faith-based organization that believes in a holistic approach (bio-psycho-social-spiritual) to healing and transformation. The spiritual component of our program includes prayer, devotions, and Bible-based courses.
Scope and Objectives:
- Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Addictions Counsellor is part of the clinical team within Adeara Recovery Centre.
- Work closely with women who have been affected by addictions, trauma, and mental health issues through one-on-one counselling, group sessions, and teaching classes.
- Maintenance of client records, including counselling sessions, programming, and other case management-related duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Has a certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Addictions Counselling.
- OR a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Social Work with at least 1 year experience in counselling in addictions.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be accepted. * Previous experience in addiction counselling is a necessity.
- Has experience and in-depth knowledge regarding addiction, behaviours of addiction, trauma, and mental health issues.
- Has previous experience in group facilitation, one-on-one counselling, teaching classes, as well as case management.
- Can work without supervision in a busy and flexible environment.
- Has well-developed communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling (i.e., day or evening shifts).
- Must support the values and mission statement of Adeara Recovery Centre.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and a brief statement of faith. Your application will ONLY be viewed and considered if a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith are ALL included in your application.
Note: this is a women-only facility.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Do you hold valid certification in addiction counselling? If unsure please see The Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta website for being qualified as an addiction Counsellor in Alberta.
- Do you have a current Criminal Record Check w/Vulnerable Sector Search, as well as a current Intervention Record Check?
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-01
Please send your resume, cover letter and statement of faith to Lori Patrick, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.